- Project: day 15: organizational chaos/ Christmas gift ideas for neighbors, teachers, friends: muddy buddies!
- Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 1 for the Muddy Buddy recipe, 2 for the packaging
- Would I do it again? yes, except I have to hide the muddy buddies from my 6 and 2-year-old, they love them SO much (and really me too)! The packaging turned out very cute, I would definitely do it again!
- What I would do differently: since we were gifting these I doubled the recipe, but in typical Karie fashion I took the recipe to heart and did just what it says. So just a tip, instead of using 4 ziplock bags to shake the mixture in, conserve and use just one! Much less mess to clean up, not to mention waste Thanks hubby Adam for always helping me out here!
- Items used:
- Muddy Buddy recipe (we doubled everything below):
- 9 cups Combination of Corn, Rice, and Wheat Cereal squares (Chex) *For gluten-free, omit the wheat chex.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla *make sure to check vanilla for gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1-gallon ziplock bags (use just 1- it’s a lot less mess, not to mention waste!)
- Place cereal in a large bowl and set aside. In a medium microwavable bowl, add chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Microwave on High for 1 minute and stir. Microwave 30 seconds longer and stir mixture until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour sauce over cereal and stir until evenly coated. Spoon half of the mixture in each 1-gallon resealable ziplock bag. Add 3/4 cup powdered sugar to each bag, and seal. Shake the bag until everything is coated. Spread on waxed/parchment paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
until ipinterest tomorrow!
- day 15: organizational chaos/ Christmas gift ideas for neighbors, teachers, friends: muddy buddies! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- How to Make Puppy Chow (answers.com)
- Krave Puppy Chow (bakerunlive.com)
- Muddy Buddy Chex Mix Recipe + Sam’s Club Gift Card Giveaway (betterinbulk.net)
- Wellness Wednesday: Christmas Countdown! (wscga.wordpress.com)
- Puppy Chow/Muddy Buddies (veronicascornucopia.com)
- Reindeer Treats (lifevesting.wordpress.com)
- Nutella Buddies (aroundmyfamilytable.com)
- day 64: baking away/ chocolate and caramel zebra pretzels for our Minnie Mouse birthday, Valentine’s day, or any day!! Plus easy diy place cards for your dessert table (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 34: organizational chaos/ kiddo chore chart! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)