• Project: day 20: baking away/Christmas Sugar Cookies, part 2: icing & decorating!
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 3
• Would I do it again? yes, even though icing cookies is a lot of work! The girls had a ton of fun; licking their fingers and dumping the sprinkles. Hayden seemed to have a steadier hand than I did, go figure
• What I would do differently: after about 3 cookies in, I changed my technique and we used zip-locks to pipe edging around it, man it’s hard though!
• Items used: Christmas Sprinkles & recipe below:
Royal Icing Recipe from Food Network, Alton Brown:
- 3 ounces pasteurized egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
In large bowl of stand mixer combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until frothy. Add confectioners’ sugar gradually and mix on low speed until sugar is incorporated and mixture is shiny. Turn speed up to high and beat until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks. This should take approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Add food coloring, if desired. For immediate use, transfer icing to pastry bag or heavy duty storage bag and pipe as desired. If using storage bag, clip corner. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
until ipinterest tomorrow!
- day 20: baking away/Christmas Sugar Cookies, part 2: icing & decorating! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 64: baking away/ chocolate and caramel zebra pretzels for our Minnie Mouse birthday, Valentine’s day, or any day!! Plus easy diy place cards for your dessert table (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 62: baking away/ chocolate-dipped minnie mouse Oreo pops! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 59: baking away/get crafty/ fashionable kiddo/ crafty kiddo/ Morgan’s 3rd birthday, Minnie Mouse theme, completed!! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 46: baked apples and brie in a puff pastry, oh my! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 55: get crafty/ minnie mouse birthday party easy decor flower add-ons for cutlery and napkin holder, picture frame, and cupcake stand! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 10: get crafty/ 5 minute Christmas table decor (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 63: crafty kiddo/ 20 questions to ask every year on (or near) your child’s birthday! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- 10 Stores to Feed Your Pinterest Addiction (bradsdeals.com)
- day 61: fashionable momma/ casual day party outfit! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)