FROM PINTEREST (a combination of these two below; recipe from peppermint playdoh, packaging idea from gingerbread playdoh):
- Project: day 22: crafty kiddos/ homemade Christmas peppermint playdoh, holiday mason jar packaging
- Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): playdoh- 1, packaging 1 ok, maybe 2 since I had my brother-in-law, Gaelan, help cut the white label
- Would I do it again? yes, Morgan, our 2 year-old loves to play with playdoh!
- What I would do differently: we thought we had peppermint extract, but when we went to add it to the dough mixture it was gone! Oh well, maybe next time it will smell yummy! Ours also seemed a bit too moist, not sure what went wrong
- Items used:
- Peppermint Play Dough Recipe: * 2 Cups White Flour* Liquid Water Color or Food Coloring (as much as needed to get the color you want)* 1/2 Cup Salt* 3 Tablespoons Cream of Tartar (This was hard to find, I never saw it before. It was in the area with the salt and looks like baking powder.)* 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil* 1 Tablespoon Peppermint Extract (Optional – but this is what makes it smell SO good!)Ready, set, make!1. Mix flour, salt and cream of tartar in a large bowl with a whisk.
2. Add 2 cups of water and your coloring of choice to get desired color.
3. Mix well with a wisk.
4. Add vegetable oil and peppermint extract.
5. Mix well with a wisk, then stir/smooth batter with a soft spoon or spatula.
6. Pour batter into a large skillet or electric pan and cook on medium heat while stirring constantly. Continue stirring and turning until play dough is cooked, thick, and no longer shiny. Don’t be afraid, the pan will clean easily. It cooked for me in about 5 – 7 minutes.
7. Remove from heat and place on counter top. When it cools, knead it over and over until it is the consistency you like. Be careful, it will be HOT!
Recycled mason jar
cut up paper bag
white copy paper
Christmas ribbons and snowflake
until ipinterest tomorrow!
- day 22: crafty kiddos/ homemade Christmas peppermint playdoh, holiday mason jar packaging (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 54: get crafty/ minnie mouse birthday decor/craft mason jar holders & pirates booty snack cone holder! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Pinterest is ruining my life (jaclynmcneil.wordpress.com)
- Mason Jars Make Beautiful Wedding Decorations (beautynote.wordpress.com)
- Playdough Snowmen in Mason Jar Snow Globes (artfulparent.com)
- day 63: crafty kiddo/ 20 questions to ask every year on (or near) your child’s birthday! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 5: crafty kiddos/double hand-print reindeer Christmas craft (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 59: baking away/get crafty/ fashionable kiddo/ crafty kiddo/ Morgan’s 3rd birthday, Minnie Mouse theme, completed!! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 12: crafty kiddos/ handprint Christmas Tree (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 24: cooking it up/ Christmas Santa pancakes for the kiddos! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)