MY “PINTERESTING” TAKE:
“PINSPIRATION”, FROM PINTEREST:
Project: day 64: baking away/ chocolate and caramel zebra pretzels for our Minnie Mouse birthday, Valentine’s day, or any day!! Plus easy diy place cards for your dessert table
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): Pretzels: 2 (thanks to my mom and Aunt Cindy for helping me with this, it went really fast!). Place cards: 1
• Would I do it again? yes, they were a huge hit, and the caramel recipe is to die for. I will definitely be making these again.
• What I would do differently: change it up each holiday! Do red and green for Christmas, pink and white for valentines, orange and black for halloween, you name it! The mix of sweet and salty is too good to miss
• Items used:
First take some of the homemade caramel, roll it out into ropes, and wrap it around your pretzels (I like the Snyders of Hanover pretzels).
Next, dip in white chocolate and allow to dry. In the meantime, melt some black chocolate melts (we could only find chocolate since it wasn’t Halloween time) and put in a ziplock bag. Snip a tiny portion of the corner, and drizzle over your pretzels to make look like zebra stripes.
This is a recipe adapted from the Licorice Caramel Recipe found in Candymaking by Kendrick and Atkinson
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups corn syrup
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
Butter a 9-inch square pan and set aside. In a large saucepan combine the sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, butter, sugar, and salt. Plac over medium heat ad stir until well combined.
Clip on candy thermometer, and cook, stirring constantly to a firm ball stage (242F if at sea level, 232F in Salt Lake/Provo area, and 237F in Las Vegas area–if you live somewhere else you’ll have to do the boiling water test to find out the difference between the boiling temperature at your location vs. sea level to adjust). Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour into pan and allow to stand at room temp over night.
Until ipinterest tomorrow!
- day 62: baking away/ chocolate-dipped minnie mouse Oreo pops! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 59: baking away/get crafty/ fashionable kiddo/ crafty kiddo/ Morgan’s 3rd birthday, Minnie Mouse theme, completed!! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 58: get crafty/ minnie mouse table decor, treat favors, diy lollipop tree (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 45: get crafty/ diy fabric tutu for minnie mouse birthday party! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 57: get crafty/ diy treat bags for Minnie Mouse birthday party, or any party really! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 52: get crafty/ Morgan’s 3rd birthday party t-shirt, DIY/Minnie Mouse birthday party! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 55: get crafty/ minnie mouse birthday party easy decor flower add-ons for cutlery and napkin holder, picture frame, and cupcake stand! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 54: get crafty/ minnie mouse birthday decor/craft mason jar holders & pirates booty snack cone holder! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 48: crafty kiddos/ minnie mouse birthday pin wheel garland/banner! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 41: get crafty/ diy minnie mouse centerpiece, table decor for Morgan’s birthday party! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)