- Project: day 26: cooking it up/ Holiday Gouda Cheese Fondue, New Year‘s appetizer
- Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 1
- Would I do it again? yes, it was a big hit, so yummy!
- What I would do differently: we did not do the herbed crostini, but rather did vegetables (cauliflower, broccoli, red bell peppers), salami, and crusty french bread.
- Items used:
Gouda Cheese Fondu Recipe:
- 1 lb. Gouda, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- ¼ cup cornstarch, enough to coat the cheese
- Kosher or sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Grated nutmeg to taste
- Shot of Tabasco (we used Cholula, our favorite!)
- 2 tablespoons Kirsch or Sherry
- ½ sourdough baguette
- ¼ stick butter
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- Fresh herbs of choice (basil, oregano, sage, rosemary)
Smash the garlic cloves and rub inside of heavy saucepan; then discard the garlic.
Put saucepan on the stovetop over medium heat and add the white wine, scraping with a wooden spoon to dissolve the garlic residue. Toss the Gouda cubes in a small bowl with cornstarch, add the cheese to the saucepan and melt; stir to prevent scorching. When melted, add the tomato, basil, Kirsch or Sherry, nutmeg and Tabasco. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve with crostini.
until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- day 26: cooking it up/ Holiday Gouda Cheese Fondue, New Year’s appetizer (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- What Is… Fondue? (thedailymeal.com)
- Dip into a lighter fondue (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- The fondue (wcs4.blogspot.com)
- Grilled Cheese and Soup Lunch and Fondue Dinner Date (self.com)
- Recipe: Best Christmas Eve fondue ever! (celebrategreen.net)
- 5 Party Ideas to Extend the Holiday Spirit (thedailymeal.com)
- Sake Bar Kirakuya will Feature Three Cheeses Each Paired with Kirakuya’s Sake Sommelier Recommended Sake Selection Tonight (prweb.com)
- Choice of cheeses, Champagne slash calories in rich fondue (pbpulse.com)