• Project: day 27: cooking it up/ the perfect homemade margarita recipe, bar none
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 2
• Would I do it again? yes! The sweet and salty combination on the rim of the glass sealed the deal
• What I would do differently: read through the recipe, because it is only for one serving! Double for each person in your party, they will love it!
• Items used:
3 ounces tequila
2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
1 ounce Simple Syrup, recipe follows
1/2 to 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
1 tablespoon Lime-salt-sugar, recipe follows
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, and Simple Syrup. Cover and shake until mixed and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, the drink is ready by the time the shaker mists up.) Place Lime-salt-sugar on a plate. Press the rim of a chilled rocks or wine glass into the mixture to rim the edge. Strain margarita into the glass.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring, until the sugar dissolves. (Alternatively, heat in the microwave.) Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups
Zest of one lime
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons sugar
Blend together lime, salt and sugar in a small blender or mini food chopper.
until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- day 27: cooking it up/ the perfect homemade New Year’s margarita recipe, bar none (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Spicy Margarita (thedailymeal.com)
- Rania’s Recipes: Chili, Quesadillas & Margaritas (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- What Is… a Margarita? (thedailymeal.com)
- Premium Margarita (potterybarn.com)
- Classic Cazadores Margarita (potterybarn.com)
- festive new year’s eve cocktails … Ginger Simple Syrup (stresscake.wordpress.com)
- Chicken with Tamarind (Sang Wa) (thecurlybaker.com)
- 2012 Margarita (wine-by-benito.blogspot.com)
- Slow Cooker Recipe for Beef and Refried Bean Chili with Salsa and Lime (kalynskitchen.com)