- Project: day 50: organizational chaos/ how to clean your microfiber sofa/couch, DIY
- Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 3 (maybe because my arms were so sore from scrubbing for about an hour!).
- Would I do it again? yes, it didn’t get everything out, but it definitely helped! Our couches were so dirty. Two kiddos and life really takes it toll out on o the poor old couch!
- What I would do differently: Repeat the process again, using more rubbing alcohol!
- Items used: Directions below:
- Step 1: Vacuum with a brush attachment to remove any hair/crumbs/etc
- Step 2: Spray rubbing alcohol onto the dirty area
This sounds a bit crazy, but it’s key. The alcohol won’t saturate the fabricand evaporates much quicker than water so it won’t leave a mark. Just test in an inconspicuous spot if you’re worried about colorfastness.
- Step 3: Rub vigorously with a clean scrub sponge
Make sure the scrubbing surface is white or the color could transfer.Plus you’ll be able to see all the grime coming off your furniture. Be prepared to be grossed out (and secretly thrilled) – this sponge was white before!Step 4: Let the area dry completely
The fabric may look stiff or dark in places, but the next step will take care of that.
Step 5: Rub with a clean, soft scrub brush in a circular motion
Again, be sure to use a brush with white bristles to avoid discoloration. This step fluffs up the surface of the fabric to make it soft again.
until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- day 50: organizational chaos/ how to clean your microfiber sofa/couch, DIY (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 36: house decor/organizational chaos/ updated dresser knobs for the kids, DIY! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Artsy Screen Cleaning Cloths – The Declan Microfiber Fabric Designs Keep Devices Spotless (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Declan Microfiber (design-milk.com)
- day 34: organizational chaos/ kiddo chore chart! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Decontaminating a microfiber suede couch from the flu virus? (ask.metafilter.com)
- How to clean a microfiber couch (ask.metafilter.com)
- Low-Maintenance Must-Have: Microfiber Towel (fabsugar.com)
- Mrs. Money: Green Your Cleaning with Microfiber Cloths (savings.com)
- How To Clean A Dvd (mademan.com)