MY “PINTERESTING” TAKE:
“PINSPIRATION”, FROM PINTEREST:
- Project: day 62: baking away/ chocolate-dipped minnie mouse Oreo pops!
- Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 4
- Would I do it again? yes, they were probably the biggest hit, treat wise at Morgan’s birthday (adults and kids a like!)
- What I would do differently:
- Items used: from The Idea Room: http://www.theidearoom.net/2011/09/minnie-mouse-oreo-pops.html
Ingredients (my changes in red):
Wilton Candy Melts (Midnight Black) or chocolate (since it was not Halloween time, but Valentine’s season, we could only find chocolate, even after 5 stores, oh well, they still tasted great!)
Double Stuff Oreos (I need to buy some stock in that company)
Bite Size Oreos
red ribbon (we used black and pink ribbon with polka dots and zebra stripes of course!)
Slide the popsicle sticks into your Double Stuff Oreos very gently by holding the cookie in one hand and sliding the stick with the other. Then take one bite size Oreo cookie and separate it into two halves. Scrape out the frosting with the edge of a knife. Slide the smaller cookies into the top of the Oreo to make her ears. Lay them out onto some wax paper.
Melt your candy melts in the microwave in 20 second intervals until it is melted to a smooth and creamy consistency. Now “dip” the Oreos into the candy. Now I don’t actually dip them but rather take a spoon and smooth it onto the front of the Oreos. You need to be very careful when doing this as the ears can come off very easily. Just do the front and then set it onto the wax paper. Do this for all of your Oreos and then pop them into the freezer. After 20 minutes you can take them out and then cover the back side of the Oreos with the candy. Make sure to cover the ears and the bottom of the stick well so that they do not fall apart. Once they have been popped in the freezer again, they will be really sturdy and you should not have a problem with them falling apart…even if you accidently drop the tray onto the countertop! Not that I may have done that…just saying!
Then take some ribbon and tie it into a bow around the base of the Minnie Mouse head to add a pop of color and detail. Serve them to your party guests or send them home with this fun and tasty party favor! Who wouldn’t love a Minnie Mouse Oreo Pop?
Until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- day 59: baking away/get crafty/ fashionable kiddo/ crafty kiddo/ Morgan’s 3rd birthday, Minnie Mouse theme, completed!! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 58: get crafty/ minnie mouse table decor, treat favors, diy lollipop tree (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 57: get crafty/ diy treat bags for Minnie Mouse birthday party, or any party really! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 54: get crafty/ minnie mouse birthday decor/craft mason jar holders & pirates booty snack cone holder! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 52: get crafty/ Morgan’s 3rd birthday party t-shirt, DIY/Minnie Mouse birthday party! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 55: get crafty/ minnie mouse birthday party easy decor flower add-ons for cutlery and napkin holder, picture frame, and cupcake stand! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 48: crafty kiddos/ minnie mouse birthday pin wheel garland/banner! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 45: get crafty/ diy fabric tutu for minnie mouse birthday party! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- day 38: get crafty/ party decor/ how to make pom poms (ipinterest.wordpress.com)