MY “PINTERESTING” TAKE:
“PINSPIRATION”, FROM PINTEREST:
Project: day 95: cooking it up/ chicken and mushroom pasta bake with roasted asparagus, SO good!
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 3 (I am so bad with the timing of everything, but it still turned out great!)
• Would I do it again? oh yes! This is a definite keeper. It is a very rustic Italian dish with comforting flavors and crisp asparagus to round it out!
• What I would do differently: we substituted regular spagetti for whole wheat spagettie, which was excellent, as well as substitued Parmeseam for Peccorino Romano since we had it on hand. We also did not use the whole package of spagetti- about 3/4 ths. You could easily steep rosemary in the cream for an additional layer of flavor as well as substitue the chicken for a vegetarian option.
• Items used: amazing recepie from Jamie Oliver: http://www.jamieoliver.com/us/recipes/pasta-recipes/chicken-mushroom-pasta-bake-spaghett-1
• 1 oz /a small handful of dried porcini mushrooms
• olive oil
• 4 chicken thighs, preferably higher welfare, boned, skinned and cut into bite-sized pieces
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
• 2 handfuls of mixed fresh mushrooms, cleaned and torn
• 1 cup white wine
1lb dried spaghetti
• 2 ½ cups double cream
• 7oz• Parmesan cheese, grated
• a sprig of fresh basil, leaves picked
• extra virgin olive oil
Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Put your porcini mushrooms in a bowl and pour over just enough boiling water to cover them (approx. 2/3 cup). Put to one side to soak for a few minutes. Heat a saucepan big enough to hold all the ingredients, and pour in a splash of olive oil. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and brown them gently in the oil. Strain the porcini, reserving the soaking water, and add them to the pan with the garlic and fresh mushrooms. Add the wine, with the strained porcini soaking water, and turn the heat down. Simmer gently until the chicken pieces are cooked through and the wine has reduced a little.
Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions and drain well. Add the cream to the pan of chicken, then bring to the boil and turn the heat off. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the drained spaghetti to the creamy chicken sauce and toss well. Add three-quarters of the Parmesan and all of the basil and stir well. Transfer to an ovenproof baking dish or non-stick pan, sprinkle with half the remaining cheese and bake in the oven until golden brown, bubbling and crisp. Divide between your plates, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with the rest of the cheese before serving.
Until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- Roasted Asparagus & Oven Roasted Asparagus | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)
- Lasagna with Asparagus and Burrata Recipe (thedailymeal.com)
- Quinoa Mushroom Risotto (handmplanninginthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- day 49: cooking it up/ baked chicken parmesan casserole, a hit! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Throw-It-All-Together Pasta (myburningkitchen.com)
- Chicken Parmigiana (thedailymeal.com)
- Spaghetti with Shaved Asparagus and Pancetta (thedailymeal.com)
- Simply Roasted Asparagus (thecocinamonologues.com)
- Carnitas-Stuffed Baked Chicken (tgipaleo.com)
- Chicken with Creamy Italian Farfalle (nancysrecipes.wordpress.com)
- day 85: cooking it up/ bow-tie pasta with chicken sausage and kale (ipinterest.me)
- Flawless Italian Cuisine at Stephen Starr’s Big Apple Restaurant (thedailymeal.com)
- Awesome and Easy Pasta dish!!! (aeracurawoman.com)
- Recipe: Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Penne (lifeasmomknowsit.wordpress.com)
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta (thedailymeal.com)
- day 70: cooking it up/ creamy cheese risotto with grilled shrimp and asparagus (Nordstom’s knock off!) (ipinterest.me)
- What Is… Asparagus? (thedailymeal.com)
- Lemon and garlic vegetable quinoa (vegan and gluten-free!) (snixykitchen.wordpress.com)
- Baked Asparagus with Balsamic Butter Sauce (wherefloursbloom.wordpress.com)
- Spelt Pappardelle with Leeks and Mushrooms (meatballsandmilkshakes.com)