• Project: day 46: baked apples and brie in a puff pastry, oh my!
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 3
• Would I do it again? yes! It was pretty simple, savory with a touch of sweet and a great way to finish off a wonderful meal done by my wonderful friend Jackie!
• What I would do differently: add a touch more cinnamon and sugar to each pastry, but it’s pretty important to keep the sweet and savory balance though!
• Items used: see recipe below from http://bloghungry.typepad.com/blog/2010/04/brie-and-apple-tarts.html
1 Tbsp butter, divided
1/4 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 medium wedge of brie
flour (for rolling)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Unfold 1 sheet of puff pastry onto a lightly floured board and roll it slightly with a floured rolling pin until it’s a 10 by 10-inch square. Cut the sheet into quarters with a sharp knife. Place a good-sized slice of brie and 3 or 4 this slices of apple the middle of each of the 4 squares. Sprinkle apples with cinnamon and brown sugar and top with a pat of butter. Brush the border of each pastry with egg wash and fold 2 opposite corners to the center, brushing and overlapping the corners of each pastry so they firmly stick together. Brush the top of the pastries with egg wash. Place the pastries on the prepared sheet pan. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry.
Bake the pastries for about 20 minutes, rotating the pan once during baking, until puffed and brown. Serve warm.
until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- day 46: baked apples and brie in a puff pastry, oh my! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Mediterranean Puff Pastry Parcels with Lemon Mint Cous Cous – Plus Puff Pastry Poppers for the Superbowl (ediblepsychology.com)
- An unconventional method for making biscuits results in puff pastry. (secretfoods.wordpress.com)
- Caramelized Onions, Mushrooms and Gruyere Tartlets (thenovicehousewife.wordpress.com)
- Puff Pastry Appetizers (thedailymeal.com)
- Breakfast pastry (ronalibruce.wordpress.com)
- French Apple Tart (potterybarn.com)
- a no-brainer … Rustic Apricot Almond Tarts (stresscake.wordpress.com)
- Turkey Pot Pie with Puff Pastry (theboogieblog.net)
- Puff pastry and petit fours (krisade.wordpress.com)