MY “PINTERESTING” TAKE:
“PINSPIRATION”, FROM PINTEREST:
Project: day 79: cooking it up/ super sweet yummy popcorn/ girls movie night!
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 2
• Would I do it again? yes, Hayden really loved it (too bad Morgan fell asleep so she couldn’t enjoy the girls movie night with us!)
• What I would do differently: nothing! Maybe change the colors of the M&M’s for different holidays (St. Patrick’s Day, easter, fourth of july…)
• Items used:
popping corn recipe for homemade popcorn: http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_popcorn/
Perfect Popcorn Recipe
- Cook time: 10 minutes
1 Heat the oil in a 3-quart saucepan on medium high heat.
2 Put 3 or 4 popcorn kernels into the oil and cover the pan.
3 When the kernels pop, add the rest of the 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in an even layer. Cover, remove from heat and count 30 seconds. (Count out loud; it’s fun to do with kids.) This method first heats the oil to the right temperature, then waiting 30 seconds brings all of the other kernels to a near-popping temperature so that when they are put back on the heat, they all pop at about the same time.
4 Return the pan to the heat. The popcorn should begin popping soon, and all at once. Once the popping starts in earnest, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner. Try to keep the lid slightly ajar to let the steam from the popcorn release (the popcorn will be drier and crisper). Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat, remove the lid, and dump the popcorn immediately into a wide bowl.
With this technique, nearly all of the kernels pop (I counted 4 unpopped kernels in my last batch), and nothing burns.
5 If you are adding butter, you can easily melt it by placing the butter in the now empty, but hot pan.
6 Salt to taste.
Super weet popcorn recipe from: http://www.simpleanddelicious.com/find-recipes/recipeDetails.jsp?action=recipe&recipeid=4347&view=view
- 1 bag (3.3 oz each) Orville Redenbacher’s® Gourmet® Butter Microwave Popcorn
- 1 cup M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies
- 1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1/2 cup = 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- popcorn popcorn we love popcorn! (thebearandtheblackberry.wordpress.com)
- Peanut Butter Cup Carmel Corn (pastaprincessandmore.wordpress.com)
- Caramel Corn (temptingthyme.wordpress.com)
- Homemade Popcorn Recipe (faithfulprovisions.com)
- Popcorn with a French Flair (anuneducatedpalate.com)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Brittle (21nogluten.wordpress.com)
- Popcorn Recipe: Cayenne, Cheddar (or Parmesan) Cheese Olive Oil and Lemon (wellpreserved.ca)
- day 37: fashionable momma/ winter casual date night outfit, turned into popcorn night in (cooking it up)! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Laura’s Caramel Ooey Gooey Soft Popcorn (paonblanc.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate-Caramel Popcorn (bitsoflittlemiss.com)