Project: day 38: get crafty/ party decor/ how to make pom poms (Morgan’s 3rd birthday is coming up, so I will be doing many fun Minnie Mouse/party crafts, yea!
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 3
• Would I do it again? yes! They really were just a bit time-consuming, and mine did not turn out quite as perfect as Martha Stewart‘s would, but then again, that’s why I’m doing all this, to get better! Can’t wait to see what they will look like at the Minnie Mouse Birthday party hanging from the ceiling!
• What I would do differently: Martha’s website said to use 8 sheets, which I did for my first one, but I thought it was a touch skimpy, so I did ten (looks better). The tissue paper I purchased at the store was 20×20, not 20 by 30, so hopefully that was ok 😉
• Items used: Packets of tissue paper to go with our hot pink, black, white, and polka dot Minnie Mouse theme (Hobby Lobby), white floral wire (18″) (Hobby Lobby), scissors
Pom pom instructions from the Martha Stewart website:
These dahlialike pom-poms appear to float in the air; in reality, they are hung from the ceiling with monofilament, imparting a cheerful radiance to any party.
You can also buy a Tissue Paper Pom-Pom Kit from Martha Stewart Crafts.
Stack eight 20-by-30-inch sheets of tissue. Make 1 1/2-inch-wide accordion folds, creasing with each fold.
Fold an 18-inch piece of floral wire in half, and slip over center of folded tissue; twist. With scissors, trim ends of tissue into rounded or pointy shapes.
Separate layers, pulling away from center one at a time.
Bend wire into a loop to fit around napkin, and twist end around loop to secure.
until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- day 38: get crafty/ party decor/ how to make pom poms (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Definition: Pom Pom (fabsugar.com)
- day 59: baking away/get crafty/ fashionable kiddo/ crafty kiddo/ Morgan’s 3rd birthday, Minnie Mouse theme, completed!! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Pom Poms are the Bomb Bombs (marchandtricia.wordpress.com)
- Pom Pom Flats (cutoutandkeep.net)
- DIY: T-shirt Pom Poms (crookeddays.wordpress.com)
- Pom-pom magic (blackcatoriginals.wordpress.com)
- Pink Tissue Valentine’s (paonblanc.wordpress.com)
- day 58: get crafty/ minnie mouse table decor, treat favors, diy lollipop tree (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Japan Pom Pom cheerleaders founder Fumie Takino (japantimes.co.jp)
- Tulle Pom Pom – DIY (minitrendsetter.wordpress.com)