MY “PINTERESTING” TAKE:
“PINSPIRATION”, FROM PINTEREST:
• Project: day 78: day 78: cooking it up/ crock-pot dessert mac and cheese? A bad attempt, not the recipe…me 😦
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 1 (yes, it actually was easy, even though I messed it up!)
• Would I do it again? well I might have to since I totally botched this one up!
• What I would do differently: ok, so let me serve to remind you that I cannot cook (only under direct supervision from my husband). So obviously he wasn’t here, and I thought I could substitute sweetened condensed milk for evaporated milk (yes I know now). So not only did the end result turn out a touch too sweet for a savory mac and cheese, but it also ended up not a bit creamy or cheesy as you would expect it to. Now I can’t blame it on the recipe since I totally messed this one up, so I’ll have to do a redo soon to see if this one was a keeper or not!
• Items used: below is the recipe from: http://whiskandaprayer.blogspot.com/2010/08/magazinecookbook-monday-slow-baked-mac.html
Spray the inside of your slow-cooker with cooking spray or grease it with olive oil. Combine milk, evaporated milk, eggs, butter, and salt in slow-cooker and whisk until until smooth (or you can use an immersion blender to do the whisking for you).
Add the shredded cheese (not the Parmesan) and macaroni, sprinkle with black pepper (and whatever other spices you want to use). Stir gently with a spatula to coat evenly.
Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, reduce the temperature to LOW and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until custard is set in the center and the pasta is tender. The macaroni and cheese may sit in the cooker on the KEEP WARM setting for 30 minutes before serving. Before dishing it up, I sautéed some bread crumbs with olive oil and sprinkled them over the top to make it a little fancier.
Until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- Crock-Pot Burger Casserole (onethirdacre.com)
- A Load of Crock-pot Three-bean Turkey Chili (myhungrylife.wordpress.com)
- Baked broccoli mac and cheese (snixykitchen.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot-Pot Roast Revisited (jazzinthekitchen.wordpress.com)
- Easy Tender Crock Pot Brisket (dietforfoodies.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Recipes (crockpotchickenrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Creamy Tortellini Soup (jsfoertsch.wordpress.com)
- Lactose Free Mac & Cheese (sam065.wordpress.com)
- Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Crock Pot Encouragement (blessedrootsblog.wordpress.com)
- There is Always Time for a Home Cooked Meal (centraljerseyworkingmoms.com)
- Barbecue in the crock pot! (cookingandmyfamily.wordpress.com)
- About Crock Pot Recipes (crockpotchickenrecipes.wordpress.com)
- Crock Pot Instead of Microwave Mentality for Startups (davidcummings.org)
- There is Always Time for a Home Cooked Meal – Potato Soup (centraljerseyworkingmoms.com)