MY “PINTERESTING” TAKE:
“PINSPIRATION”, FROM PINTEREST:
Project: day 90: cooking it up/ spicy peanut butter noodles, a must do, it’s SO good!
• Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 3 (Asian/ Thai/ Chinese food is a bit tricky to pull off… maybe it’s just all of the vegetable chopping, and the hot wok that makes it crazy!
• Would I do it again? oh yes. I absolutely love Thai food, peanut butter, and spice…. how can you go wrong!
• What I would do differently: I would actually add more peanut butter. You would get a hint of it in a bit once in a while, but I would like it a bit more! Other than that, nothing! 🙂
• Items used: recipe from: http://www.crumbblog.com/2011/06/desperation-dinners-spicy-peanut-butter-noodles.html
Spicy Peanut Butter Noodles
4.7 from 3 reviews
Recipe type: Main Author: Isabelle Boucher (http://www.crumbblog.com) Serves: 4-6
This quick Asian-inspired noodle dish comes together in a flash. For a vegan-friendly version, substitute tofu for pork and omit the fish sauce.
1 lb Chinese stir fry or lo mein noodles
2 tbsp canola oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1 red hot chili pepper, finely minced (or 2 tsp red pepper flakes)
1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
1 cup finely sliced red pepper
1 cup finely julienned carrots
1 cup shredded snow peas
1/4 cup natural peanut butter (chunky, if possible)
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup hot water
1/2 cup chopped green onions
Chopped fresh cilantro
Chopped roasted peanuts
Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
In a wok or large heavy-bottomed skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, ginger and hot pepper, and stir fry for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
Add pork strips. Continue stir frying for 4 minutes, until the pork is browned on all sides. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to a small bowl.
Add the remaining tbsp oil to the pan, then add red pepper, carrots and snow peas. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes, until vegetables are tender-crisp. Transfer to the same bowl as the pork.
Add cooked noodles to the pan, and saute for 1-2 minutes just to warm through. Stir in peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and water, and cook for another minute or two until the peanut butter melts into a smooth sauce (if the sauce looks too thick or sticky, add a tablespoon or two of water at a time until it loosens up to the desired consistency).
Remove from heat. Stir in the reserved pork and vegetables along with chopped green onions, and toss until evenly coated with sauce. Serve hot with a sprinkling of cilantro, green onions and roasted peanuts.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe
Until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- Food | Peanut Butter and Banana Sushi (style-love-repeat.com)
- PB & J Dip (Video) (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- New $1/1 Planters Peanut Butter Coupon (hip2save.com)
- Planters Peanut Butter Coupon | Save $1.00 (forthemommas.com)
- Sweet and Savoury Peanut Butter Recipes (abigailchristens.wordpress.com)
- Happy National Peanut Butter Day!! (bakingitreal.wordpress.com)
- Peanut Butter Cake…..Oh Yea!!!! (joeandjulieskitchen.wordpress.com)
- Best Chiquita Banana Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Thai-Style Lettuce Wraps: It all started with a jar of peanut butter (lifelibertyfood.wordpress.com)
- Easy Chiquita Banana Stir Fry Sauce Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)
- Beef Chow Fun/Stir-Fry Rice Noodles with Beef (mykitchensnippets.com)
- Shrimp and Broccoli Stir-fry (masarapdin.wordpress.com)
- Speedy Pork Chops with Rapid Roastini (incucinadame.wordpress.com)
- Crispy Broccoli & Vegetable Stir Fry (realmomsrealfood.wordpress.com)
- Three Easy Dinners for Kids (foodonthetable.com)
- imabonehead: Stir-fry Scallops with XO Sauce | Noob Cook Recipes (noobcook.com)
- Mushroom and Pepper Stir-Fry (cookinginsens.wordpress.com)
- Peanut butter stir fry (whats4lunch8.wordpress.com)
- Cooking With Almond Butter (wholefoodsmarket.com)
- Mishloach Manot Goodies for Purim – Part 1 (kosherblogger.wordpress.com)