FROM PINTEREST (a combination of the two below):
- Project: day 31: baking away/ New Year‘s 2012 chocolate dipped strawberries, with or without kiddos!
- Difficulty rating (1=easiest, 5= way too hard!): 2
- Would I do it again? yes, it tastes so good, you definitely cannot stop at one!
- What I would do differently: according to the recipe it said to use semi-sweet, which we did, but unfortunately the white chocolate was the only one that set up and drizzled well, not sure why! Bigger strawberries would have been better as well, but hey, they still tasted really good 😉
- Items used: Food Network Chocolate Covered Strawberry, 5-star recipe
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 pound strawberries with stems (about 20), washed and dried very well
Put the semisweet and white chocolates into 2 separate heat-proof medium bowls. Fill 2 medium saucepans with a couple inches of water and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Turn off the heat; set the bowls of chocolate over the water to melt. Stir until smooth. (Alternatively, melt the chocolates in a microwave at half power, for 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or until melted.)
Once the chocolates are melted and smooth, remove from the heat. Line a sheet pan with parchment or waxed paper. Holding the strawberry by the stem, dip the fruit into the dark chocolate, lift and twist slightly, letting any excess chocolate fall back into the bowl. Set strawberries on the parchment paper. Repeat with the rest of the strawberries. Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries.
Set the strawberries aside until the chocolate sets, about 30 minutes.
until ipinterest tomorrow!
Karie J 🙂
- day 31: baking away/ New Year’s 2012 chocolate dipped strawberries, with or without kiddos! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries (shaanthz.wordpress.com)
- Pinterest Baking: Chocolate Dipped Pretzels (jaclynmcneil.wordpress.com)
- Signature Sweets – Personalized Valentine’s Day treats show you put some thought into it (theinsider.retailmenot.com)
- Red Velvet Hot Chocolate Recipe (abeautifulmess.typepad.com)
- Cake Pops! (hawkeygirl23.wordpress.com)
- day 62: baking away/ chocolate-dipped minnie mouse Oreo pops! (ipinterest.wordpress.com)
- Do You Know Chocolate????? (cookingislife.wordpress.com)
- Strawberry Fields Forever – RECIPE (wildthingsrunfree.com)
- White and Dark Chocolate Dogwood Bark (mhoffmann2670.wordpress.com)